The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating high-quality branding, content, and projects that further the organization's mission. Along with the Chief Development Officer (CDO), this position leads the development of the brand identity through marketing initiatives and strategic communications. The Coordinator is responsible for promoting the organization through various marketing channels, while also developing and implementing new strategies to identify new opportunities. The Coordinator will work with the leadership team and is expected to deliver high-quality work with close attention to detail in keeping with the values of the organization.
Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- 1. Brand Management
- · Develop brand strategies.
- · Conceptualize, build, and execute effective marketing plans and brand reinforcement of the organization.
- · Representing the brand internally and externally, continuously showing and educating stakeholders on the community importance of the organization
- · Optimize our brand and community image through marketing, events, community outreach, and communications.
- · Manage the organization’s brand following strategy guidelines, creating clear brand messages which are promulgated across all business initiatives.
2. Marketing and Communications
- · With leadership, developing and delivering the annual marketing and communications plan which includes a budget, demonstrating value and return on investment.
- · Identify, recruit, and coordinate with vendors and event sponsors as needed.
- · Develop and execute creative marketing programs, campaigns, and promotions across various digital media and community channels ensuring they are customer-focused.
- · Collaborate with team members to produce effective communications and marketing products and promotional items.
- · Draft high-quality communications ensuring appropriate content, tone, brevity and consistency
- · Leverage and track media campaigns
- · Build and analyze key metrics and traffic patterns to measure the attribution and performance of marketing campaigns.
- · Create and distribute high-quality documents and presentations, which could include monthly newsletters, advertisements, annual reports, and event materials.
3. Community Outreach and Events Management
- · Aids in developing, enhancing, and maintaining strategic community partnerships.
- · Coordinate with sponsors and vendors.
- · With assistance, manages, and updates the organization’s digital media such as website and social channels.
- · Manage event planning to improve participant experience and ensure communication of key messages and appropriate brand values.
- · Aids in planning and coordinating participation in community events such as health fairs.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business development is required.
Skill, Licensure, and Knowledge Requirements:
Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Canva, Squarespace, and Fresh Market. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space. 3 years of special event experience and securing event sponsorships. An effective communicator, both written and oral. Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts. Self-motivated, with good organization skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines. Have a valid
driver’s license and auto insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- · While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach.
- · Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- · Light to moderate lifting is required.
- · Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- · Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phones, and printers, traffic light).
- · Ability to work in a confined area.
- · Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period.
Travel or Special Requirements:
Driving during the workday as well as local or out-of-state travel may be required to perform job duties.
I read and understand the requirements to fulfill the responsibilities associated with this job description.
I agree to abide by all the duties and responsibilities for the job including any reasonable request from my supervisor. I also understand that I will be evaluated based on these job-specific performance standards.